Monday, June 18, 2012

Adult Education Report



Dear Friends,

Rabbi Federow moderated a thought provoking and interesting seminar on May 31, 2012 on the topic Ancient Aliens as the Source of Religion.  Thanks Rabbi for the handouts, thought provoking presentation and lively discussion!  If you were unable to attend, we look forward to seeing you at future events. 

Since I last checked in with everyone, my efforts have been primarily focused on making our 3rd Annual Crypto-Jewish seminar a success.  Rabbi Peter Tarlow has now confirmed that he is available and will be presenting at our seminar again this year.  His topic will be Columbus and the Crypto-Jewish Experience.  It was kind of him to modify his calendar to accommodate our request to appear at our seminar.

I have also been in contact with Gabriela Bohm- the award winning, independent filmmaker that is presenting her film The Longing:  The Forgotten Jews of South America.  It is my understanding that this is a very moving presentation.  The film and workshop will be scheduled for mid-day in the seminar as her presentation (film and workshop) is approximately an hour and forty minutes in length.  The preliminary plan is to serve a catered lunch during this time.

Presently, my efforts are focused on scheduling speakers and preparing marketing materials to forward to our publicity committee as soon as possible.

As always, if anyone has any particular topics that they would like me to seek a speaker to address or if anyone knows of a speaker they would us to invite to speak at future adult education events, please feel free to contact me at any time with the information and I will be glad to follow up on it.  You may email me or contact me on Facebook.

Respectfully submitted,

Lori Elaine Laird
Adult Education Trustee
Facebook:  Lori.Lawyer2